simple

Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Series

Hi, guys!

Let's be real, I don't have a whole lot to update you on.

But I miss blogging.

School started. It is going to be another wild semester! But I love the feeling of challenging myself and stretching and growing. Like when you get sore muscles after a workout, I have a sore intellect. I love my Pathophysiology (really hard), Drugs/Substance Abuse and Addictive Behavior (moderately hard) and Family History Genealogy (fabulously enriching) classes. I also enjoy my Life Span Development class in which the professor gives us candy for answering questions and uses ice cubes as an object lesson on childbirth. I'll get back to you on how I feel about the Sports Nutrition class. (Outlook not so good.)

Living in Provo is not so much living in Provo as it is having a place to sleep when I find myself in Provo at night. Some mornings I wake up and I don't know exactly where I will be sleeping that night. I have a split life.

Temple Sealings: witnessed my first yesterday. I can't get it off my mind. McKenzi was my roommate freshman year, someone who walked into the dorm as a stranger and has since left her handprint on my heart. I was there when John left on his mission, and I am so grateful I got to be there when they were sealed together forever. (Look at Love!)

When I was 7 or 8, my family went to DisneyWorld. On our flight was a girl going on a Make-A-Wish vacation. I was so fascinated that she could have wished for anything she wanted, and so throughout growing up I would think about what I would wish for if I could Make A Wish. (It changes periodically.)

Similarly, I would look at the missionary plaques hanging in the church foyer and I would search my scriptures trying to find what my mission scripture would be, if I were ever a plaque hanging in the foyer. I have found many potentials during my studies, and like my Wish, it changes from time to time. Today I found one that I have never noticed in my scriptures before, and I'm in love with it. So, today, if I were a missionary plaque, my sign would read:


"Behold, O Lord, their souls are precious, and many of them are our brethren; therefore, give unto us, O Lord, power and wisdom that we may bring these, our brethren, again unto thee."(Alma 31:35)

Just food for thought on this frosty day.

Tchüss.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...