simple

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Joy

My mom is joy. She is filled with hope, faith, and charity.

When I was about 12, my dad said "She is the kindest person I have ever known."
I remember thinking, "Say whaaaat?? NO WAY. She makes me practice my violin. She is NOT kind." ;)
But, it is true. She is self-sacrificing and Christlike and forgiving and I would be lost without her.

The last few weeks, I have felt worried and mentioned to a few people that "Nobody has told me how to be married. I don't know how." A wise lady replied, "Yes you do. You've been watching your mom for 22 years." There is a huge level of peace that comes from knowing she has been my example as a wife, mother, and disciple of Christ.

Also, I am being Sealed in 2.5 days. SO MUCH joy. I know that our marriage will have many unknowns. I know that there will be differences, sleepless nights, miscommunications, and a need for liberal forgiveness. But I also know there will be so much joy.

So I'm thankful for my mother, who helped me become the person that Benji could love. And I'm thankful for Benji, who will help me become a better version of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...