simple

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Good Things to Come

Monday, I took my first test of the semester. I walked in totally confident. I understood the content in class, studied all the material, not to mention I see the situations in real life at work all the time. (Hint: objects in hospital are much different than objects in class.)

I walked out totally, utterly deflated. Thoughts of I will never pass the NCLEX and Worst nurse ever floated around in my head as tears rolled down my cheeks.

Benji came home and I cried to him and just felt stuck. There really wasn't much more I could have done to prepare, so I already felt doomed for the rest of the semester.

He told me to pick a number between 1 and 10. Then he told me to pick a number between 2 and 8.
Coincidentally, we sang Dearest Children, God is Near You Hymn #96 for family home evening. The lyrics were perfect and calmed my soul.

Then, Benji pulled up this Mormon Message which we had both seen before, but was nonetheless very opportune. After it was over he hugged me and helped me picture a life years ahead of us, when I will be a full blown nurse and we will sit down to dinner with all of our little kids I can't hardly wait to meet. He's a winner, I tell ya.

SO MUCH of a winner that he scored an internship. In Africa. For three months. ALL summer. Please feel free to forward me every story of every pioneer wife who sent her husband on a mission. They had no email and often no idea when the mission would end, so I'm already way better off than them. But still. 

Anywho. If you have or haven't seen that Mormon Message before, just go watch it. Its actually the message that got me through the years of striving to even get in to nursing school. Whatever your life looks like right now, have hope. Fresh courage take. There are always good things to come.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...