simple

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

OH, this has gotta be the good life

Yesterday was an emotional day.

I said goodbye for 18 months to this girl:



We've been together through some of our deepest pain and moments of loneliness. I was lonely as a sophomore in high school and prayed for a friend. She is who I was sent. She is so brave, so strong, so faithful. She is loyal to her friends and to the Lord. She will serve Him brilliantly in Florida, and that is the only way my heart can handle the pang of her being gone from me. 


Also, I resigned from my job.
Yes, the most perfect amazing job that I love with all of my heart on the Infant Unit at Primary Children's.
The one where the nurses feel like my sisters or my aunts or some other form of family. 
The one where I've made big mistakes and been given second chances.
The one where I have fallen in love with my patients every single day.
Yeah, that one. 
I'm moving to Provo. And I will be there of a surety for the next 3 years as I follow one of my biggest dreams to become a nurse. God is so, so good and has blessed me with a new job, one that is much more conducive to a nursing student, at the hospital in Provo. I am grateful. 
(Also, this is going to make the idea of commuting from Provo to Salt Lake at 4:30 in the morning for work inconceivable.) 

Life is changing. MY life is changing, specifically. Things are falling into place like a magnetized puzzle. It is wonderful to watch the mysteries of God unfold into blessings and circumstances, even if that includes some goodbyes and heartaches. I'm thankful to have the capacity to love so much, because without that ability, it would not hurt to say goodbye. 

4 comments:

  1. Bethany, I'm so sad! I wish you all the best in Provo. Come see us on IMSU someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told Rachelle to beware, that I would be back when I graduate :) I am so so sad too

      Delete
  2. Your perspective and everything about you is just inspiring. I LOVE reading your posts. I didn't see you at Lauren's farewell, which, I was kind of sad. But she is going to make a fabulous missionary. I'm so excited for you & your nursing program. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda thank you. I didn't see you there either! I LOVED her farewell talk. Thank you for your support and enthusiasm for me!! I hope you are doing well

      Delete

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...