simple

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Summer Came

I went swimming today, for the first time in 2013.

I've been a little busy, you see, and hadn't yet donned the swimsuit. I felt so happy, smelling like sunscreen and chlorine and getting toasty brown like a marshmallow roasted to perfection.

(Speaking of roasted marshmallows....lets do that....anyone? anyone? bonfire? please?)

Also, life is giving me whiplash:

I have three friends who are very dear to my heart.

One of them is on a mission.

One of them has a mission farewell on Sunday.

And I am currently making a baby gift for the other.

Also, I have a new goal that was born at EFY this summer. The goal is to switch my scripture study from evening before bed to first thing in the morning, because mornings are when we study the scriptures at EFY and I really, really loved how that felt.

So I am changing the habit.

And my testimony of the day is this: God hears you. He loves you. I know this because I've offered a few personal, specific prayers in the last few days and He has answered them. Only He knew what was weighing on my heart, and He found ways to send me quiet reminders of His love. He. Loves. Us.

I hope your days are full of sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...