simple

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I15 is My New Pal

Henceforth is the promised post about my rockin on strong awesome new job:

I. Love. It.

It is hard.

But I love it.

This is what I do all day:

 Except they each have their own beds. Although I would love to put them all in one place like that... and yes we do wrap them up like little burritos and I LOVE it.

 Oh, I do this too. Love. So much. 

Oh, and this is me. For real.

Kidding, this one really is me. 
It's PINK because I handle BABIES

BUT REALLY. Everyone is jealous. You should be, as well. 
Except for the working 6pm to 6am thing
Or the working 6am to 6pm thing.
And the "I-live-in-Provo-and-work-in-Salt-Lake" thing
(for two more weeks, then I'm HOME!)

My day today:
I had (more) orientation at PCMC that started at 7 a.m. 0700 (I'm trying to adjust to thinking of time that way). So I spent the night in Sandy with my family whom I adore. Except I stayed up too late researching nursing programs and then woke up at 6:34 a.m. 0634, and knowing that it takes me about 37 minutes to get to Primary from my house....I was in a bit of a pickle. Luckily I had slept in scrubs, so I pulled out my french braid and jumped in Jiffy and said some prayers.

Like please help me not to speed.
And please help me not have an anxiety attack about running late.
And please help me get there as fast as I can without speeding. 
And thank thee for waking me up.

I arrived at 0716 (traffic. rude) and then sat for approximately 20 years while they gave me more orientation (have I mentioned they make you go to LOTS of orientation?). And I had to practice wearing one of these, in case of H1N1 or Tuberculosis and such:
Who ya gonna call??

And then I had to give them yet another urine sample (I am so pro at those things now) (that's probably TMI, sorry)(if you ever need help with one, I'm your girl)(TMI again, sorry).

And then I faced my ultimate worst fear again (seriously, I'm going to have to find a new worst fear, they have almost made me conquer it completely) and have my blood drawn to make sure I'm not on drugs and such.
Look, a picture I drew of blood. Get it. Drawn blood. Nevermind.

     And then, because I hadn't eaten a thing all day, I bought myself Cafe Rio on the way home. (Shout out to Heather, I ordered my burrito on a whole wheat tortilla. Don't forget they offer that next time we go :) )

Oh, and yesterday was great:


I have two weeks left of the semester. Somehow I will figure out how to deal with all the school I've missed going to orientation/driving on I-15/making up for lost sleep.

Life is so good.

2 comments:

  1. There is not much I love more that a burrito baby. Would they let me take your place if you needed a day off? (Ha, ha) Have you looked into the nursing program at SUU. I've heard some good things about it. My nephew went there and loved it and I have a niece there now who REALLY loves it. She's just finishing up her second year and is having the best time. You two would be fabulous roommates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! You're so lucky :) Also I think the Hazmat suit things are so cool... but that is probably just the epidemiologist in me! I'm afraid of having my blood drawn too :( Last time I kinda sorta passed out... Love ya girl! Best of luck at your new job that you love :)

    ReplyDelete

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...