simple

Thursday, May 30, 2013

To the Young Women

Especially for my sisters Chloe, Emily, Abigail, and my EFY girls past and future:

Oh how I love you. Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice doesn't end, you know. I love to be with you. I love how you make me laugh. I love how I see myself in you, and how you inspire me. I love your desire to be and do good.

I wish I could download everything inside me that I want to share with you and just upload it into your heart and mind, because I'm afraid that there is so much to say and so much to express that I might just word vomit all over you. Lucky for us both, the Holy Ghost will help me say what is most important, and will help you hear what is most important.

This Church is true. Many will try to tell you it isn't, that it is just a culture or a tradition or a nice way to live. No. This is the same Church that existed before the world began, that existed when the Earth was formed, that Jesus Christ Himself still leads today. It is Truth.

Living as a member of the Church does not mean bad things won't happen to you. It doesn't make you immune to heartbreak, sorrow, and pain. Sometimes people feel that if hurt happens while they are living the Gospel, then the Gospel isn't working anymore and they should try something else. My heart hurts for these people. Yes, heartbreak happens, even to good people who are choosing the right. But the promise is that for those who follow Him, the hurt can be healed, the losses made up, and we can eventually live an Eternity without sorrow.

Please try and remember that You, your Divine You, are part of something so much more than this world. You are so much more than what you wear, what you look like, what teams you are a part of, what college you attend, who asks you out, how much money you have, or even what others think of you. This life will end, but You will not. Practice perfecting the things that You can keep forever, such as kindness, compassion, faith, meekness, and charity. Those things will not fade away, but will grow brighter and lovelier with time.

You are so loved. Do you realize that you are known, perfectly known and understood, by Jesus Christ? He knows you! He knows you better than any friend or even your parents know you. He suffered your pain, your sorrow, your heartbreak, so that He could know you, He could advocate for you, so that you will never be alone. You cannot do anything that will cause Him to stop loving or give up on you. How honored I am to know someone that my Savior loves so much.

Do not forget how loved you are. Reading your scriptures and saying your prayers every day will help you remember. You are Royal. You are Divine.

I love you,
Bethie





No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...