simple

Friday, November 4, 2011

Fundamentally Weird


I've come to a conclusion, after a conversation with a friend in my ward last night, that I am fundamentally weird.

Honestly.

I make people uncomfortable.

Hints to this core issue of mine:

-In 2nd grade, on Beach Day (a day in January where you all come to school in summer clothes...I don't really get it) I stood up, spontaneously, by myself, and danced the Macarena in front of the entire school.

-Growing up, it was more likely to run into me playing pioneers than princesses. I had a log that I treated like a cow. Udderly despicable. It's true. The best was when all the children would get pneumonia and I'd single handedly nurse them back to health with "herbs."

-I have a huge fear of using public restrooms.

-I sleep with a cougar pillow pet.

-I'm writing to a missionary that I have never met. Or seen outside of pictures. We've been writing for over a year. We know quite a lot about each other. It will be super weird when he comes home in July. "Hi. I'm Bethany. Nice to 'meet' you." I googled the address to his mission home the first time I wrote him. It's true.

-I think many different flavors of baby food taste delicious.

-I once pretended to be deaf in the drive through at the bank. I wrote everything I wanted on a piece of paper and sent it through the zoom thing. (that's a technical term)

-I prefer super dark chocolate. As in baking chocolate. As in 60% cocoa or darker. And I don't like doughnuts.

-When doing clinicals for my CNA class at St. Marks Hospital, I deliberately abandoned my post on the Oncology floor and sought out the Nursery. Yes I creeped on those sweet babies.

-I use odd grammar. I blame this on my Star Wars fettish (you know, Yoda). One time at the ice skating rink, I believed the dude had given me incorrect change. So I stuck out my palm and said "I still require a dollar in this hand." I was wrong....

-I sing. And dance. While driving.

So. I'm Odd. I really don't think there's anything to be done about it. Someone is just going to have to love the oddness. Maybe I'll go watch Runaway Bride again where Julia Roberts makes the Duckbill platypus face and is still adorable. Or perhaps my parent's wedding video. They're both weird in that one.

On a side note, which (come to think of it) completely validates my fundamental weirdness, I have a fascination in this boy: www.eastercloset.com
For real. If our blogs mated, it would be epic.
If I actually met him in real life, that would also be epic.

3 comments:

  1. “We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
    ― Dr. Seuss

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your oddness. Embrace it. It makes you, YOU. And I love YOU. Plus, I need an odd best friend to relate to my own oddness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is WOW. i love you WITH all of your wierdness.

    ReplyDelete

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...