simple

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

An Ode.

I would like to write an Ode.
About visiting teaching.
Not really but kind of.
You see, that one time when I was Relief Society president, I didn't look forward to visiting teaching.
But I will always be obedient, so I put a smile on my face and did it.
And then I wasn't RSP anymore, and I still didn't look forward to VT.
But I will always be obedient, so I still put a smile on my face and did it.
But Heavenly Father had other plans. He wanted to teach me about visiting teaching. And why it is so very important and beautiful. So He sent me these girls, to be my visiting teachers:


One of them married my cousin, and I adore her. But my ode today is for Kaitlyn. 

Kaitlyn. 
I think I would be a different person without you. 
You help me feel stronger and more hopeful. 
You are honest and trustworthy. 
Your faith blesses my faith. 
I love that I can be 100% myself with you,
raw and open. 
I love that you tell me when I'm being ridiculous
and you laugh with me every day. 
I love that my most importants are your most importants. 
I love that you "get it" about me and my mom
(because it's the same with you and your mom).
I love that we dream on the same wavelength,
of white picket fences
and vegetable gardens
and Primary songs
and early morning runs
and homemade bread. 
I love that you love Sam
and I love feeling at home 
with the Swain's.
So thank you for being who you are
(which is my dear, dear friend)






1 comment:

  1. I don't even know what to say to that! Thank you!! You are so wonderful to me. I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...