simple

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Waking Up with Thoughts on Love

I love the movie Hook.
I especially love the part near the end where Tinkerbell says "You know that place between sleep and awake? That place where you still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you....that's where I'll be waiting."

In the place between sleep and awake this morning, I was thinking about love. I was thinking about my parents, and my friend Kaitlyn who just married the love of her life, and how last night Nathan was in the tub and he yelled out to me "Bethie! I just can't stop telling you that I love you!"
    All these thoughts morphed into a prayer "Thank thee so much for love" and the prayer morphed into this thought: Life would be so difficult without love....NO, life would be IMPOSSIBLE without love.


Think about it. Why do people go to college and create a career? Because they love something, whether it be money or prestige or the actual career or their families that they want to support. Why do you wake up in the morning? Because you love food and need to eat or you love the morning sunshine or you love your children who need your attention.

Why do we feel joy? Because God loves us and provides us the opportunity to feel joy. Why do we feel pain? Because God loves us and wants us to grow and learn and become better, to overcome the pain, feel joy, and return to Him. Why do we feel love? Because God loves us, and God is love.

So what do you love, that makes you do the things you do?

Sorry if these thoughts are very abstract. They were, after all, from that place between sleep and awake.


1 comment:

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...