simple

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Alright, Alright, Alright Alright Alright, HEY!

 EFY Week 1: Things to remember forever

How I'm sure I was more intimidated by them, my 15 beautiful girls, than they were of me.

How I was so humbled by them and by trying so hard every day to say and do what the Spirit told me to do.

How I realized they had never done this before and I got to teach them the cheers and the dances and the EFY culture.

How after reading them The Living Christ, one of my sweet girls shyly put her arms around me and held on tight.

How I would be in the middle of the devotional and suddenly remember some weird story, so I would tell them the story and they would laugh. (Counting toilet paper anyone??)

How my co-counselor and I made a goal to pray together every morning, and somehow that was the hardest goal to keep. But I felt so much peace when we made it happen.

How he would get so sweaty at all the dances because he was devoted to being with the youth and making the dance awesome for them.

How one of the boys in my company ran up to me at the end of the week and hugged me, saying "You were the best counselor I ever had."

How all the counselors would gather together at the end of every day and talk about the good things, and then the nights we went out to Iceberg or Cafe Rio afterwards.

How my girls became my friends.

How Brett (another counselor) would get his kids to shout funny/cute things at me when I walked past.

How completely exhausted I am.

How absolutely happy and thrilled I was to be there every single moment.

How my whole life is different now from one week. I went there hoping to change the life of a few youth and came home realizing that the person who changed the most was me.

How two of the boys in our session came as non-members and are now setting baptismal dates. How the group of one of the boys pulled together their own money to buy him a set of scriptures with his name on them.

How glad I am that I get to do this two more times this summer.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...