simple

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Being Grown Up

Being grown up is a lot of work.

And a lot of money.

I bought myself a car. Nice little white honda accord.

Which means I also bought myself car insurance.

And a safety and emissions test.

and the stuff they had to do to it so it would pass the safety test.

(why did I want a car again?)

Oh yes, so I can get to my babies up at the hospital. Sweet lil things.

Speaking of them, I want us all to observe a moment of gratitude for two things: our intestines and the mitochondria in our cells. Because I took care of two little babies this past week who are terminal because one of them has a set of bowels that cannot absorb any nutrients nor pass anything through them, and one of them has no mitochondria and therefore no metabolism. There is gratitude to be found in every little thing.

Now, back to the car I bought.

About a year ago I went to the bank with my mom's car and locked myself out of it. Luckily, there was a car service shop nearby so I batted my eyelashes and got the dude to break into it free of charge. So I promised him someday when I have my own car I will always come to them.

So I went to them. And the guy behind the desk looked like Spur from The Man from Snowy River. And he acted like him too.

I also rewrote my resume today. You can't get much more grown up than that.

 This is me being grown up at work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...