simple

Thursday, June 14, 2012

The moment

I took a long bath with lavender and mint bath salts.
I let my hair dry by itself and it smells good.
I took Amanda a bag of craisins because she loves them more than I do (and I love them a lot)
I'm wearing a Captain America t-shirt
I have a CNA's dream job
I was humbled by a heartbroken mother yesterday
I raked up the backyard for my mom today
And she, Nate and I went to the grocery store.
We used the express lane.
I learned that roses bloom all summer if you clip them five leaves down
I listened to Nate try and speak Spanish.
I read a book just for fun.
This is the moment I am currently in.
And when my brain starts its worry thing
about nursing school and housing and work next semester and grades and the rest of my life,
I am going to think:

This is my moment. Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its problems it empties today of its strength.
Here's to the rest of this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...