simple

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Awkward Spelled Backwards is Drawkwa

Emilie got married last week. I worked a 6 am to 6 pm shift that day, but I had planned super well and packed a dress to change into before running over to her reception.

Except then I forgot to pack a change of shoes. And my signature trademark at work is bright yellow crocs.

I'm sorry, but there was no way I was donning that dress with yellow crocs. So I went in scrubs. I felt awkward.
******
Two nights ago I was walking out of Primary and a car pulled up in front of me. An exhausted pregnant woman rolled down the window and asked me where she should go to deliver. Thoughts I had at this time: NOT HERE!!! NOTHERENOTHERENOTHERE QUICK DRIVE AWAY BEFORE I HAVE TO DELIVER YOUR BABY IN THE PARKING LOT.
What I actually said at this time: "Um Primary doesn't have a maternity unit....but the University Hospital is RIGHT NEXT DOOR, DRIVE OVER THERE."
About to be unimpregnated lady: "Where is the entrance?"
Me: "You know I'm not sure, but if you park in the parking terrace there will be signs... (GO GO GO!!)"
Fecund Female: "Oh, okay. Thank you so much."
Me: "Congratulations!"
******

Chloe has thought of the brilliant name of Albus for my car. I love it. She gets bragging rights for forever now.
Anyway. So I was driving Albus to the DMV to get new plates when an obscure number called. I answered it.
"Hi Bethany this is so and so with Allstate, we're calling about your quote."
Me: "Um yeah I actually already signed on with another provider."
Good Hands Man: "May I ask who you signed on with?"
Me: For real?? This is awkward. "Um Geico. 15 minutes saved me 15 percent or more on car insurance." (Kidding. I didn't really say that. But I should've)

Anyone else have an awkward couple of days? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...