simple

Friday, August 17, 2012

Femininity


Nie has put a word on something that has been hovering around my thoughts for a while, and I am so-o glad to have a label for it.
(I'm a word person, in case you hadn't picked up on that. I like words.)

The word is: Feminine

I'm discovering how important femininity is to me, and to you, since I assume most of you reading this are in fact female....and I'm resisting actually naming the boys I think do read this.
You know who you are. And if you don't, go look in the mirror. 
Anyway. Feminine.
God created femininity, don'tchaknow.
It is very important to our identities, our behaviors, our knowledge of self worth.
We are His daughters.

Things that make me feel feminine include:
curling up on the couch in oversized sweats
having hair that smells good
blankies
clean hands
flowers. I really love flowers.
Writing letters and seeing how my handwriting comes out
Making surprises for people
Being crafty
Laughing
Lipstick
Deep breaths
Baths. With bath salts.
Bundling the babies up at work and {if they're healthy enough} carrying them around with me to do my other duties
Clean sheets
Sunlight

It doesn't have to be the same for everyone. Femininity doesn't have a closed definition. It is different for everyone. But it is Eternal. It is wonderful.

Finish this sentence for me: Femininity is.......



No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...