simple

Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Double Ended Paintbrush

Sometimes people maybe think that the Atonement of our Savior is only an eraser. Only to be used to help us start over when we've made a mistake.

While this is absolutely true, the Atonement is not just an eraser. If you flip it over, the other side is a paintbrush. A paintbrush that the Savior uses to make something beautiful out of our lives, a masterpiece that we could never hope to paint on our own.

The Atonement can mean different things in different phases of our lives. I've used the eraser before. I use the eraser every day, actually. But my favorite is when I let go and stop trying to control everything and watch what the Savior is making of me, what He is helping me become. Sometimes, He paints with brilliant bright colors, and other times shades of gray are required to make the picture just right. But I trust Him. He is the master. He is the director of my Becoming.

For more information about this gift from our Savior, please click here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...