simple

Monday, October 1, 2012

The Love Wall

I'm kind of big on visualization, mind control, and picturing yourself as the person you want to be.
(My blog is titled 'becoming' after all)
When I first left for BYU, I was stunned to find that they weren't just stereotypes: some people really do run around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to get married. (SOME, not all.) Anyway, as an innocent freshman girl, I was a little shell shocked with it all and wanted to find some solid ground, something to picture Becoming. I knew I didn't want to be anything like what I saw in the movies, or had witnessed in high school, or that Twilight fanatics pictured as their happily ever afters. I wanted to picture something real.

So I made The Love Wall.


It has moved with me to two apartments and still lives on my wall today. It is incomplete. There used to be a photo of Nie and her Nielsen, and there are more people in my life that I admire and look up to and would be honored to stick them on my Love Wall. But the biggest one missing is me. I can't wait to stick me up there.

All I have to say, is it is October 1st.


8 comments:

  1. Hey! One time you let me create the love wall. I love you Bethie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to stick you up there someday, too!

      Delete
  2. October...This will be a crazy month!! :) Love you Bethany!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When's the big date for both of you??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is October 25th :) :) :)

      Delete
    2. Mine's October 17th. :) stressing yet Bethany?? :)

      Delete
    3. No, I just feel really, really happy. Happy and excited. I'm waiting for when I'll freak out but it hasn't come yet!

      Delete

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...