simple

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Twenty One

Well, now what am I going to do. My whole life I wanted to be 21 and now I'm 21?! Sheesh! I've only got 365 days to be my favorite number!

So in the spirit of Living it Up this year, here are Twenty One things I have been so grateful for this year.


1. Jesus Christ, His gospel, His Atonement for me, His scriptures that bring me peace,  and the organization of His church. Number One.




2. Them. We are whole.




3. The Temples. And that I have 5 within 30 minutes of me. FIVE! That is unreal. 






4. That there are only 4 days left.




5 and 6. The Hymns which bring me peace and help me not feel lonely when I'm alone, and technology. My perspective, as a medical person who had to miss 3 sessions of General Conference because of work, is so grateful for technology so I didn't really miss it at all. Also, GPS systems, texting, calling, photo sharing....I love technology.




7. (This is not my nose, FYI) Noses!! I LOVE things that smell good. Smells can take me back to so many happy memories. I'm also grateful for my other senses, sight, touch, taste, and hearing.




8. My job on the Infant Medical Surgical Unit at Primary Children's!! I adore the people I work with, my patients, the atmosphere, the hope, everything. I keep learning and growing and I am so grateful. 


9. This is just to represent all of my truly fabulous, faithful, loyal, be-there-for-you dear friends. I wish I could name or picture all of you who have given advice, offered prayers, hugged me, cried with me, hoped for me, been excited with me, and supported me. (This also includes my mom's friends who have become my dear friends. I love you!)





10. For when I need to celebrate something or when I need to feel better about something. Jamba is my pal. 




11. We've come a long way, BYU and I. We began at where I was a little obsessive and adored the place, to last year where I struggled to find anything I liked about it at all. Turns out it was me, not my awesome school, that had a problem. Go figure. I love going to school here and all the opportunities I've had and all that I've learned. 

12. Blogger!!! I love blogging. I love typing out my thoughts and sharing them. I love posting about my testimony. I love that words have power. 


13. Albus. My car. Takes me everywhere I need to go, from Provo to Salt Lake to Murray to Sandy and back again. So good to me. 

14. I don't have a good photo for this, but I am so grateful for my aunts. They offer me so much love and advice and willingness to serve. I'm especially grateful for my mom's sister, who is her dearest friend and gives her so much strength. 




15. What I have learned about the power of thoughts. I'm not perfect, but I have been able to dramatically change my life by changing the way I think. I am so grateful.




16. Laughter!! I am so grateful for every time I laugh, alone or with friends or family. This goes along with the power of thoughts. Laughter+thoughts=secret to life.



17. The Fall. I love being an October baby. I love that portion of mountain by Holladay that I drive past on my way home from the hospital that takes my breath away every.single.time. 




18. My hands. They have excema, they are rather big, they have callouses, the pinkies are disproportionately short compared to the rest of my fingers, but they can do so much good. They can play the violin, make food, hold a pencil, send a text, type on a computer, reach for a baby, comfort a friend, and turn the pages of my scriptures. If you think about it, my hands are really the only part of myself I see as long as I'm not staring at my feet. Love them. So grateful for them. 


19. EFY. Best summer of my life. I went home after my first week and prayed that if there was a career where I could do this for the rest of my life, please help me to find it. The beauty is this: it doesn't have to be a career. I can teach the gospel, share my testimony, and love the youth always. 



20. My parents' marriage. I'm grateful they keep their covenants and are devoted to each other and our family. I'm thankful that they have taught me the truth and been such lovely examples. 




21. Me. I'm grateful for me. I'm grateful for my testimony. I'm grateful I know that I'm a daughter of God. I'm grateful that I can do hard things. I'm grateful for my whole life. Everything is so beautiful. I'm grateful for this life. And I CANNOT WAIT to see what 21 is going to do with me!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...