simple

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Come drink

When I was younger, I became very fascinated with the story of the Woman of Samaria in John chapter 4.
   I didn't understand why He was asking her to draw up the water. Normally in stories about our Savior He is serving the people, not the other way around.
   My cute mom asked a few of her very dear friends (women whom I admire and try to emulate) to write me letters with their viewpoints on this story, why it is significant, and what it means to them.
    Since then, I have come to love this story. It is so beautiful. This woman, whom I like to think had a very broken heart and was living an isolated and rejected life, was completely and suddenly wrapped in pure unconditional love in the middle of one of her chores. He knew her. He knew her story, her sins, her heartache. He knew her desires and hopes. And He gave her a beautiful gift: He let her serve Him.
     I can learn a lot from this. I've noticed that I don't really let people serve me or take care of me. I am the caregiver. I am the strong one. I cannot be broken. It doesn't matter what happens to me, I've seen worse/felt worse/lived through worse, you cannot hurt me, blah blah blah. It's not healthy people! We're supposed to let others care for us, as the Savior showed us in this story of the Woman of Samaria.
    Bottom line: it is as important to let others care for you, as it is that you care for others.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...