simple

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Relaxation+Free Stuff

This will bless your life!

For an assignment, I have to engage in 15 minutes of relaxation a day.
Ironically, it was one of my more stressful assignments. There is simply not time in my day to spend 15 minutes relaxing? I should spend that time studying/driving/sleeping/cuddling, anything but relaxing!!

I was wrong, my friends. I believe that God, in His great wisdom and mercy, wants us to take time to relax and love ourselves. So take 15 minutes of your facebook/pinterest/email time and relax.

BYU has this great website with some skills and audio files to help you. Wait, did I say the word free? Oh yeah, its all free. Just download it, listen to it, and watch how the tension slips away.

I recommend the Creation Visualization (under Visualization in the Audio Files) and "A Walk to the BYU Testing Center" (under Performance Rehearsal). This one is best if you are a BYU student and are familiar with campus, but it has some really important skills in it even if you aren't a BYU student. I listened to it right before taking my midterms in September and I got an A on all three. No lie. (I also studied, but my history at BYU was that studying was overruled by panic and self doubt so this audio file made a huge difference.)

So anyway. Point: listen to some stuff. Relax. It will bless every area of your life.


Link to the audio files:  https://caps.byu.edu/audio-files
Link to other stress management goodies: https://caps.byu.edu



No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...