simple

Thursday, October 10, 2013

12

I remember the details of this day 12 years ago.

I remember being excited for my third baby sister, I remember being worried about her little heart (and she still has the sweetest heart) and believing that my ten year old prayers would be enough to heal her heart from the inside out.

I remember she was born, and unlike the two baby sisters before her, she didn't come home with my parents.

I remember when she did come home I felt so protective of her, so much more like a mother and less like a sister.

I still feel that way about her, our angel blonde haired Abby. She has a special tenderness and sweetness that is unique and rare. I got to spend all day today with her, just the two of us. Our first stop was the Temple, because she is 12 now and worthy to participate in ordinances there.



We then took a trip to The Bead Fairy to get our craft on






And then, per family tradition on your 12th birthday, she gathered up all her bravery and got her ears pierced.




Afterwards, we went home to celebrate with the family.










We love our Abby


1 comment:

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...