simple

Friday, October 25, 2013

Cornbread, Temples, Macaroni & Cheese


My birthday!

It was wonderful. I woke up. Took a really hard microbiology test.
Later, Benji, Chloe and I drove home for the most amazing cornbread in the world and chili.
And French Silk Pie.
And gifts.
In which Chloe gave me the most darling nurse doll, and my mama found me a cozy sweater, and my parents made me the cutest video about my life, and Benjamin completely surprised me with an assortment of goodies including but not limited to Michael Bublé tickets! YES. That will be excellent. November 19th, can't wait to see you.

And then the next day, my adorable parents took me to dinner and then to do an endowment session in the Salt Lake Temple because I had never done a session there and it was BEAUTIFUL. I love the legacy of the Salt Lake Temple and the sacrifice that it took. I love the Temple. 

Birthdays are great. And yes, I did have Taylor Swift on repeat the entire day. I was feelin' 22. 

And then, Wednesday morning, I woke up and was promptly hit by a train. A train full of body aches and headaches and congestion and fever and nausea and profuse sweating. Sick enough that my parents galloped down to Provo and brought me home so they could monitor me. And so I could have a big bathtub. So I've been pretty down and out for the last three days, only consuming apple juice until yesterday when I developed an absurd craving for macaroni and cheese. What??? I'm sitting here eating another bowl of the stuff as we speak. Only explanation: I'm so calorie deprived that my cells were screeching for the cheesy buttery soft noodle goodness. And I don't even want to put ketchup on it, which is not normal for me. I just want unlimited apple juice and macaroni and cheese. 

Also, yesterday was the first 24 hour period since August when I did not get to see Benjamin. I hated it.  Congratulations to everyone who DID get to see him yesterday. 

I've got to go get more mac and cheese. 


(From when we floated the Provo River back in August)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...