simple

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Tender Mercies


I've experienced many tender mercies this weekend.

As I posted on instagram/facebook, I am home this weekend supervising my adorable siblings so that my parents could go on a business trip/getaway together.

The plan was SUPPOSED to work: Bethany works night shift Friday, comes home Saturday morning, goes back to Provo Sunday to work a night shift Sunday night, wakes up and takes microbiology exam Monday morning.

But when I got here, I discovered boogers and vomit and fevers and coughs, which I tried to attend to while studying for said microbiology test. Also, I failed to mention the lingering migraine from Friday that was threatening to come back full force.

Tender Mercy #1: Benji and Ronnie. Giving Abigail a priesthood blessing that allowed her to sleep well, despite her achey body and congested head.

Tender Mercy #2: realizing too late Saturday night that we did not have enough toilet paper to last through the weekend with all these stuffy noses. So I prayed of course. And voila, two mega rolls of toilet paper were discovered tucked away in the back of the house.

Tender Mercy #3: Benji and his darling brother Levi showing up with delicious food prepared by their mom (whom I adore), and it happened to be exactly what was appetizing to all these sick people and they ate it and there was peace on earth.

Tender Mercy #4: Benji and Levi being silly and fun and playing with Nate and making Abby smile and everything felt like sunshine golden happiness.

Tender Mercy #5: I tried to call in sick at work for my night shift tonight, based off of the migraine and the sleepless night with vomiting, feverish children and the general sense of ill feeling, but work said they were short CNAs and needed me to come in anyway. Which was discouraging, disappointing, and ever other dis- word you can think of. So as I was dressed in my scrubs, heading out the door to Provo, hoping my parents get home ASAP, work called and said "we found someone to replace you. You can stay home." miracle, people. Miracle.

So my testimony is that Heavenly Father is aware of us. He is aware of toilet paper shortages and microbiology exams and college students who are feeling overwhelmed and run down. And He sends angels, seen and unseen, to lift and bless and encourage in whatever degree of distress you may be in. He does not leave us comfortless, He runs to us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...