simple

Saturday, September 24, 2011

I'm Snot Lyin'

For my Public Speaking class on Monday, I have to give a speech and tell a personal story. Thought I'd share it with all of you....


I was in one of those places where you feel so safe and happy that nothing bad could ever happen to you. Snuggled up on my daddy’s lap in the old, comfy rocking chair at my Grandma’s house, my three year old self had not a worry in the world.
As it is in situations such as this, I became a little comfortable. Maybe too comfortable, in fact because somehow my index finger found its way into that infamous archeological dig site of my left nostril. And oh, what a treasure trove of artifacts was I in to discover that day!
After hunting around for a moment, I extracted what was sure to be the Smithsonian’s newest exhibit and displayed it right there on the tip of my finger. It took only a fraction of a second for my daddy to notice what I had unearthed and recruit my mom to put him out of his snot filled misery.
“Bethany,” my mom said gently “go get a tissue.”
Leave the safety and comfort of my dad’s lap? “No!” my toddler voice replied. (My dad’s disgusted face contorted further.)
“Bethany,” she tried again “go wipe your finger on a tissue please.”
By this time I had thought of the perfect solution. I could stay snuggled up with my dad and relieve his obvious disdain for my treasure. Before she could ask me to move again, I voiced my plan: “Okay, I’ll just put it back.”
So I did.


1 comment:

  1. Yep. She did. You have always been a problem solver. And sometimes you get the cake and get to eat it too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...