simple

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Stay the Wolves



I watched that beautiful movie everyone is talking about, 17 Miracles.
One of my favorite lines is when a young girl is praying for help because her mother has given up and she wants her family to stay together. In her prayer she says "Please stay the wolves."

I find myself praying for the same thing, all the time, just with different words. And every single time, my "wolves" are stayed. They are chased away, and I am made stronger to face them when they come hunting again.

Again, I testify of the Savior Jesus Christ. He lives. He chases our wolves away. He has been with me, pushing my life's handcart every day. Sometimes He's the one that picks it up in the morning while I trail behind, wondering if it's even worth it and believing that I don't have the strength to move my aching feet one more step. I am so grateful.


Savior, Redeemer of my soul,
Whose mighty hand hath made me whole,
Whose wondrous pow'r hath raised me up
And filled with sweet my bitter cup!
What tongue my gratitude can tell,
O gracious God of Israel.

Never can I repay thee, Lord,
But I can love thee. Thy pure word,
Hath it not been my one delight,
My joy by day, my dream by night?
Then let my lips proclaim it still,
And all my life reflect thy will.

Chasten my soul till I shall be
In perfect harmony with thee.
Make me more worthy of thy love,
And fit me for the life above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...