simple

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Compromise the Cabin Trip

Remember when I bought a new camera and we named it Floyd.
Remember how Floyd and I are pals.
Remember how I took 705 photos on my 5 day cabin trip.

SO I couldn't decide: make a super long blog post that still won't be able to include all the photos I want, or post them all on Facebook without commentary???

The compromise is this: I will include all the commentary needed in this blog post. And you can go to Facebook to see the photos.

While zipping through the photos, please notice these themes:

1. My mom really likes sunscreen. A. Lot. Also she doesn't like to be in the photos.

2. Nathan cannot smile normal for any photo. He also thinks he's Moses.

3. Emily is the most fun person to take photos of, ever and ever amen.

4. Chloe. Adores. Potatoes.

5. My mom likes barns.

6. Emily likes fire.

7. Our cabin is in the most beautiful place in the world.

Also, please look for the spread my cute mom collected to experiment on the s'mores. Also she worked really hard building the fire pit, which is why it gets its own photo.

Also, we did a photo shoot for Chloe's senior pictures. I am not going to share all of them, just a few choice spoilers. Buckets of fun, I tell you. She's not one of those people who can make a serious face on purpose. She's meant to smile, all the time.

Side note, painting rocks is a tradition at the cabin. FYI.

At one point at the lake, Emily was paddling along and freezing in the water, Abby lost her pink floatation device, and Nathan's shoes got stuck in the mud. I thought the three different crisis were hysterical, until I was summoned to search for the lost shoes. They are still in the lake, bytheway.

The first night we roasted hot dogs, there was only one left and we were all hungry. So we passed it around and each person got one bite. I got the last one, and therefore I may be considering a career in food photography. That is an amazing photo of the last bite of the communal hot dog, people.

Our cabin is located off of Palisades Dam. This is the last summer we will ever be allowed to cross the dam to get to the cabin, something about security bomb threat something something building a new bridge, I dunno. So we took lots of dam photos.

There is very little to do in Jackson Hole besides spend money and take photos with statues. We erred on the side of photos with statues. Nathan cried a lot.

Also, I loved the whole trip.

Also, I like wagon wheels.

The end.




1 comment:

  1. So, I wanted to look at these pictures you speak of... where do I find them?

    ReplyDelete

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...