simple

Friday, July 6, 2012

Of late

I feel a lot of happiness of late.

I've been running a lot. Yesterday, I went running in the rain and it felt incredible. So much life and gratitude plus the smell of rain on pavement. Also, I got to work out and shower at the same time! (Kidding. I totally came home and bathed for real.)

--Speaking of which. I have a newfound love for bath salts. (Not the illegal drug, the actual salts that you put in bath water.) They help my near-leprous skin.

Also, I've been working a lot. I still don't feel comfortable at work, but I like being there. I still feel like I have so much to learn and a rhythm to establish but I can see how clinical experience is such a big deal even if I'm not an RN yet. Last night all my kids had diagnoses I had never heard of before. One of my sweet baby girls had a wound that dehisced, meaning it broke open after it had been sewn shut. That was a new experience for me.

My Foster family was here, in Utah, after five years. It felt like they had never left, we just picked up a conversation that had been paused for a while. It made me want to move to Houston.

Oh yeah, except for the school thing.
And the my family is here in Utah thing.
and This

Anyway. I got them all to myself on Monday. We went to Provo to deliver the teenagers to EFY. We had lunch. We got shaved ice. We went to Target. It was wonderful.  There really isn't anything else to say except I love them and miss them with all of my heart.

Summer is more than half over. For the first time EVER in my life I wish it was longer. Usually I'm so ready to go back to school by now. Not this year. This year, I'm tired. Last year was yucky. I need more sleep. :)

For the 4th of July we went to a rodeo. My first one ever. Thoughts:
1. I adore cowboys.
2. I don't like watching equines defecate.
3. I REALLY adore cowboys
4. I need to rassle myself up some cowgirl boots.

And finally, I've been called to teach Primary. I love Primary. My kids are the turning-8 age group. They are a handful. But, I'm looking forward to loving them. I'm sure many posts are to follow on this topic.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...