simple

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Good Enough

Today, I need to remember that I am good enough.

In high school, I was planning on auditioning for the BYU School of Music and earning a degree in Violin Performance. My parents sacrificed and I was able to take private lessons from one of BYU's music professors, Dr. LeeAnn Morgan. I love her.

Once, we were preparing for a recital. I was being hard on myself, as usual. I finished the piece and put my arms down, my violin hanging from my left hand and the bow from my right. My shoulders slumped and the tip of my bow dragged on the carpet. I glanced up at her and she said:

"It's good enough."

I didn't believe her then, and I have a hard time believing it about myself now. I don't feel good enough for anyone, or for nursing school, or to become any of the things I want so desperately to become.

This is raw, today.

So I will try to remember that the same price that was paid for every person I love and admire was also paid for me. I was good enough to suffer and die for. I'm good enough to save. I truly live such a blessed life, and it is all given to me by a loving Heavenly Father and the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

Maybe if I listen, I will hear Him whispering "You are good enough."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...