simple

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Beautiful


Girls are not told they are beautiful often enough.
Not even half enough.
I say this because a complete gentleman told me I'm beautiful today. This man and I are not even very good friends. Barely more than acquaintances. But he told me I'm beautiful. Not "You look beautiful today," but "You are beautiful." Stunned, amazed, completely taken off guard.
    Then I got thinking about it. It shouldn't have surprised me. Every girl should know that she is beautiful. We are daughters of Almighty God. He made us. We are masterpieces. I suggest every woman get a testimony of her own beauty.
    To me, beauty is synonymous with light. The more light you have, the more beautiful you are. Doctrine and Covenants 50:24 says, "That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day." I am a seeker of light. I am a seeker of true beauty.
    I also think boys should tell girls they are beautiful more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...