simple

Friday, December 2, 2011

Deja Vu

Back when Andrew had cancer and I was fifteen, I fulfilled an interesting and undefined role. Nobody told me or asked me to, we all just knew it was my job and I did it.
   I would wake up at 5:30 in the morning, go to early morning seminary, and then to school. I would come home with my sisters at 3:30. Somehow we all got our homework and practicing done, and then I would make dinner or serve dinner, depending on if someone from the neighborhood was bringing food that night. Then I would get everyone ready for bed, and when my pregnant mom came home at 10 or 11 from being with Andrew at the hospital, we would lie on her bed and talk and cry. Then I would wake up the next day and do it again.
   I know without a doubt that I got through it with Heavenly Father's grace. I didn't even know what I was doing until it was over and I looked back on that year. It was completely impossible, and I could do it because He strengthened me.
   Yesterday at work, my mom sent me a text that said "I need you." My mom is tough and would never ask me to come home and miss work and school unless she was serious. So I called a subsitute for work, asked friends to take notes in class, hopped in Jiffy and drove home. She was really really sick yesterday.
   I noticed that I fell into "Cancer Year Mode" again. I went into overdrive. And at the end of the day, I couldn't believe what I had done, and that is because again I was strengthened to do what needed to be done.
   He truly loves us. He truly takes inadequate people and qualifies them for His service. I'm so grateful to be able to serve. I'm so grateful I'm able to serve. My absolute most favorite quote from President Monson goes something like this: "If the Lord needs an errand run, I want Him to know that Tom Monson will run it for Him." I hope to be that person. If the Lord needs an errand run, I want Him to know that Bethany will run it for Him.
   So, I guess the point of this blog post is to notice what God has done for you today. Notice how He has made you more than you are. His grace is everywhere.

2 comments:

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...