simple

Monday, January 23, 2012

My Newest Love

I had this problem in my younger years called anything my mom wanted me to read I didn't want to read even if I really wanted to read it. I remember she bought me Ella Enchanted and I didn't read it for probably five more years at my own detriment, because when I finally did read it, it became one of my most favorite books. (I've read it probably 30 times since then to make up for it.)

On that same note, (pun intended), my mom wanted me to fiddle as part of my violin musical education. I vehemently refused, probably because I was prideful and because she wanted me to. A part of me also felt like it wasn't "really" playing the violin, that it was beneath my oh-so-classical repertoire. I did fiddle a little (rhyme) for my Grandpa because he loved it when I did, but I completely quit fiddling after he passed away with no intention of turning back.

Well, this is one of those Ella Enchanted things again. Because I took a music class last semester that required me to go to the BYU Folk Ensemble concert. And I fell in love. (The Lucky Crickets, favorite band that is BYU affiliated)

And then my parents discovered The Lower Lights. And I fell even more in love.

So....I'm taking Fiddling. The class. And I am so happy. I was meant to be a violinist and play on a regular basis, and I haven't played hardly at all in the last couple years what with school and pursuing nursing and such. So I'm taking the class to make playing a priority.

And I am in LOVE.
Seriously, where has this been all my life???

This is what I'm working on this week:





I'll keep you all updated. And you can come to my concert in April. I fully intend on wearing something plaid with cowgirl boots. Yee-haw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...