simple

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Paul Revere's Ride and Best Friends

At Abby's school, the 4th graders have to memorize the poem Paul Revere's Ride, and they often win a Jamba Juice when they finish it. Abby popped up on my g-chat and was woebegone because she hasn't won her Jamba yet and she wanted to practice on me. Sweetest conversation ensued: 


Abby Paul Revere's Ride
by henry watworth longfello
w
listen my children and you shall hear
of the midnight
 me of the midnight ride of paul revere
 Abby ride
of paul revere
on the 18 of April in 75 harley a man is know alive
you remembers that famous day and year?
He said to his friend of the british march
 me Who, not you
 Abby ?
what?
 me Who remembers that famous day and year?
 Abby no one
thats why it has it like this =
Who remembers that famous day and year?
it a qeustion
 me I know..you said "you" and not "who"
 Abby oops
i didnt mean to
 me making sure you were learning it right
k keep going
 Abby be land or sea from the town to night
soory BY
land
hang a lantern aloft of the bell free light
sorry hight
of the north church tower ona signal light
 me arch, not hight
 Abby oh
opps
you know it better than i do???
haha
 me I may or may not have it up on the screen to watch your progress...
 Abby haha
i know the poem from top to bottom
but
its
just
hard without the clas
i mean class
i need to work on my typing
 me it will help if you stand and recite it to yourself in the mirror
 Abby i  do that when im brushing my teeth
 me how do you recite the poem with a toothbrush in your mouth?
 Abby :-o
i dont know
i just do itB-)
 me well. Do it without the toothbrush
and make eye contact with yourself
 Abby ok
 me and do it over and over and over until you can't make a mistake even if you tried
then you'll earn a jamba :)
 Abby haha really
 me yep. I used to do that with violin music
 Abby but i already know it ALL!!!!!!!!
 me well. Now you just need to polish it
 Abby its just hard to type a Poem into the chat
here one sec
i wrote this awesome poem a while ago
 Abby i gotta find it
  are you there miss. bethany??
 me yes miss abby
Abby oh ok
here is another poem
       Friends
By: Abigail Coleman
Friends are wonderful things to have
you laugh and giggle and play
and do homework all together,Do you have
lots of friends well I have tons and you be a friend to anyone
even if your mad or sad you could be a friend or a friend could
be a friend to YOU and then you would both be happy.

Do you have a best friend well i DONT because what if you
said to a friend that there your best friend a diffrent fried might here you
and fell sad that there not good enough so have everyone your best friend
and then you will be as happy as me
..................
 me I have lots of best friends
 Abby ya
EVERY one is my best friend
 me different best friends are there for different things
some best friends you can trust with ANYTHING, some best friends would do anything for you, some best friends are just there to help you cheer up and laugh
 Abby you friends from school outside friends from school friends from church
 me some best friends are in your family
 Abby ya
 me Mama is my very, very best friend
her and Jesus
 Abby my whole family is my very very very best friend
 me family are good best friends to have
 Abby ya
 me I have to go do my homework, best friend
 Abby guess so
 me love you best friend
 Abby ok love you best friend
bye beautiful
best friend
 
 

2 comments:

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...