simple

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Trust Me


Yesterday I was home, in Sandy.

Because I love being home.

Me, Abby, and my mom were in the car, taking Abby to a fitness center to swim with friends.

Abby was being the worst backseat driver I have EVER seen.
"Well, I think we should turn here...nope, nope, keep going straight....ok this looks familiar....I think I've seen this before....I think you should turn.....that might be the building....nope, keep going...."

The glory of it was we were taking her somewhere my mom already knew where it was. After Abby's input got to be a little much, my mom said "Abby, trust me. I know where we're going." To which Abby replied, "I know, I know, but just let me see....." and on she went. And again, my mom said "Abby! Trust me. I know where to turn."

I haven't been able to get that memory out of my head, because I feel like I'm being the Abby in my life right now, and Heavenly Father keeps saying "Bethany! Trust me. I know where to turn." and I keep saying "I know, I know, I trust you, but...." and then I fill up the space with chatter and wondering, and then He says to me again, "Bethany. Trust me."

He already knows where I'm going and where He's taking me. I just need to trust Him.

So here's to stopping the chatter and the back seat driving and enjoying the ride! Happy Sabbath

1 comment:

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...