simple

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Twenty



(Me with my grandpa when I was a young'n)

10x2
12+8
30-10
5x4

20.

When I was five, my daddy was diagnosed with a rare brain disease. (He's fine, FYI. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it, it was *gulp* 15 years ago)

When I was ten, my sweet Abby was born with a heart defect.

Two days before I turned fifteen, Andrew was diagnosed with cancer.

WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO US THIS YEAR?!

What is going to happen for me this year?

There are 366 days ahead of me (leap year, people). What's coming? Am I going to FINALLY get in to nursing school? Am I going to have to transfer to do it? Am I going to submit my papers and go on a mission? Am I going to get a tapeworm and lose 50 pounds (wow I'd look funny). Am I going to chop all my hair off? Am I going to buy a plane ticket to somewhere? Am I going to *double gulp* GET MARRIED BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT 20 YEAR OLDS DO IN PROVO?!

I don't really remember a lot from being 19. It was a year of being stressed and worrying and trying to have faith and trust and feeling disappointed and upset a lot. Kind of a waste, if you ask me. I don't want to waste being 20.

*kudos to my mom for being cut open 20 years ago so I would be healthy and have a pretty shaped head
*kudos to me for not being a teenager anymore
*kudos to my parents for being married when they were my age (ok, so 20 is the average of their ages when they got married.)
*kudos to Andrew for never once being mean to me in 20 years (unless you count tickling me until I cried)
*Kudos to Chloe, Em, Abby, and Nate for making the past 16 years and 3 months of my life even more magical
*what in the heck does kudos mean??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...