simple

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Andrew

Andrew moved away today.
He's starting school in Cedar City on Monday.
I'm going to miss the way he leaves the toilet seat up, even after I yell at him about it. (And he has never yelled back, he just says "okay")
I'm going to miss turning off the lights in the laundry room that he always leaves on.
I'm going to miss seeing him asleep in the basement when I go down there.
I'm going to miss hearing his so happy laugh from the basement when he's watching funny youtube videos.
I'm going to miss hearing the way he walks
I'm going to miss how he turns up the air conditioner in the middle of the night so I freeze.
I'm going to miss how he comes and sits on my bed or my rocking chair and we discuss oh so important things.
I'm going to miss his hat
and his smile
and dodging his car when I'm pulling in to the garage
and how he leaves treats on the table after work
and when he comes and asks me to go to Wal Mart in the wee hours
or takes me on dates to Denny's
and when he asks me advice about stuff, like college and what not.
I'm going to miss when he gives me advice, about boys and what not.
I'm going to miss him telling me I'm pretty
and thinking my work stories are hilarious
and the way he absently spins his cell phone when he's bored
or bounces his leg up and down when he's sitting.
I'm going to miss the mail about journalism and writing
and his stacks of books.
Andrew, I love you. I believe in you.



2 comments:

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...