simple

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunflowers


are not my absolute most favorite flower. My absolute most favorite are white starburst lilies, because they remind me of that scripture "consider the lilies of the field..." and they help me remember the Lord provides for and takes care of me.

but back to sunflowers




I LOVE THEM.

On my last birthday, my mom focused the entire celebration around sunflowers. All my gifts had something to do with sunflowers, or were wrapped in flower paper, or tied with sunflower ribbon. I was given Richard Paul Evan's novel The Sunflower which is one of my most favorite books, and sunflower seeds, and a sunflower computer pad....I just love them. A lot of different people in my life, none of whom know each other, have picked up calling me "Sunshine", so I consider sunflowers to be my symbol.

Sunflowers mean a lot. Think about where you often see sunflowers growing: the side of highways, dirty fields, weedy patches. Sunflowers are tough. They survive in hard circumstances, and still look to the sun.

I've decided to be like a sunflower. Regardless of where I'm planted, I am going to look to the Son. And maybe drop a few seeds along the way.

1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely right. You bring sunshine everywhere you go....what a lovely lovely lady you are.

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...