simple

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Bad Day.

It was a bad day today.

Woke up late.

Walked the 30 minutes from my apartment to work. Asked for bandaids for the new blisters I had acquired on the walk.

Mean boss lady told me I wasn't courteous because I answered the phone with "Hello?" instead of "Career Services, this is Bethany." Sorry, I was feeling a little flustered with everything else you were yelling at me for.

Got bit by a spider. (this actually happened a few days ago) but today you can see the two little dots where the fangs went in.

Looking at everything for my nursing application, feeling depressed because all the official people keep telling me I'm not good enough and I can't be a nurse and blah blah. Nothing like taking a girl's lifelong dream and sitting on it. Maybe you and the mean boss lady can team up and write a book on how to Break Bethany's Heart in 3 Words or Less. Or perhaps, Get A New Dream Because We're Your Worst Nightmare.

Sorry that was bitter.

It was a miracle I made it home, because I kept alternating between walking barefoot and walking with my shoes half on, because being barefoot meant the bottoms of my feet were burned by the hot pavement and wearing shoes meant getting more blisters. So now I have both. I'm going to nickname the blisters "mean boss lady" and the burned soles "nursing advisement."

Don't worry, the day wasn't a complete loss, because I bought myself a 16 ounce Razzmatazz Jamba Juice on the way home. I love Jamba Juice more than any other edible thing. And the cashier flirted with me. I did not flirt back because my feet hurt and he was dumb enough to ask me where I work.

I'm grateful I have feet. I'm grateful I have a job. I'm grateful I get to go to BYU. I'm grateful I have the ability to walk. I'm grateful it wasn't raining. Or snowing. And I didn't get hit by a car crossing one of the 4 crosswalks. And I'm grateful that I could pray to Heavenly Father the entire time I was walking home upset. And I'm grateful my mom listened to me whine. And I'm grateful for my cute roommates who sat with me while I cried about how my day was dumb. And I'm grateful there are other nursing schools in the world if I have to go somewhere else. And I'm grateful for Jamba Juice.

1 comment:

  1. You know.... Dixie has a very high ranking Nursing program.....in the nation! i'm just sayin' :D

    ReplyDelete

Miss BlogAlot:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...